Jobs at Smiths
We have an extensive range of jobs at Smiths. A wide variety of opportunities waiting for the right candidate to fill. Vacancies at all of our depots across South Wales, Bristol and Gloucestershire.
Smith’s (Gloucester) Ltd. strive to ensure that we are an equal opportunities employer and are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
We are seeking a full-time Payroll Assistant to join our growing team. The position, at our Head Office in Eastington, is within a busy environment and would suit an enthusiastic person with good computer and communication skills who works in an efficient and organised manner.
Working hours of 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
The role is varied and you will be required to work both as part of a team as well as on your own initiative.
Previous experience of working within an office environment would be advantageous.
Ability to use Outlook, Word and Excel is essential.
Responsibilities will include:
- To support the Payroll Manager for all administration within the Payroll Department
- Maintain employee personnel files
- Assist with the computer input of information to prepare payroll for 500+ employees
- To maintain employee holiday records
- To maintain employee absence records
- Preparation of offer letters and Contracts of Employment
Remuneration will depend on experience.
- Corporate gym membership discount
- 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme (2 times salary)
- Support from a friendly team operating as part of a family run business
- Eye test allowance
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Free on site parking
Closing Date: March 31, 2019Apply Now