Jobs at Smiths
We have an extensive range of jobs at Smiths. A wide variety of opportunities waiting for the right candidate to fill. Vacancies at all of our depots across South Wales, Bristol and Gloucestershire.
Smith’s (Gloucester) Ltd. strive to ensure that we are an equal opportunities employer and are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Mobile Plant Fitter
Smiths (Gloucester) Limited is a family run company owned and run by the Smith family since 1982. Smith’s has grown from a single owner-operated plant hire company to a multifaceted group with family values still firmly at the heart of each project undertaken. At Smiths we pride ourselves on our ethics of reliability and hard work which enables us to deliver a wide range of services that we can all be proud of.
We now require an experienced plant machinery fitter to join our team at our head office near Stonehouse, whilst also working at various locations and sites when required. You will be responsible for carrying out the repair and maintenance of all types of heavy plant of a variety of sizes.
The role is primarily mobile with a well-equipped van provided.
The successful candidate will:
- Have previous experience of working with a range of heavy plant equipment, machines and hydraulic equipment
- Have previously worked in this industry
- Be confident in the diagnosis of electrical and hydraulic systems
- Be able to work alone and under own initiative
- Possess good communication skills and have the ability to communicate at all levels, including with colleagues and clients.
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme (2 times salary)
- Free on-site parking
- 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Corporate gym membership discount
- 6 monthly boot allowance
- Complimentary PPE
- Support of a friendly team operating as part of a family run business
- Eye test allowance
Closing Date: June 30, 2020Apply Now