Smith’s (Gloucester) Ltd is a family run business owned and run by the Smith family since 1982. Smith’s (Gloucester) Ltd has grown from a single owner-operated plant hire company to a multifaceted group with family values still firmly at the heart of each project undertaken. At Smiths we pride ourselves on our ethics of reliability and hard work which enables us to deliver a wide range of services that we can all be proud of. We specialise in Construction, Waste Management, Plant Hire, Demolition and Transport operations
Due to company expansion we are currently recruiting for a Crusher and Screening Manager to join our Plant Hire team, this role will be responsible for all internal and external crushing and screening operations.
- Oversee the maintenance of all crushing and screening equipment
- Travel to various locations throughout the country to operate and oversee the operation of crushing and screening plant, as individual pieces or part of a system.
- Liaise with client/ site management to ensure compliance with the agreed product requirement. Complete the necessary paperwork as covered by Work Instruction.
- Set up and/ or assist in the setup of the plant/ system in accordance to agreed location and product production.
- Observe and operate the plant/ system in a correct and safe manner
- Ensure that water suppression is used where necessary, to prevent dust migrating to other areas of the site.
- Report any deviation from the normal operation, including breakdown, material type, damage and / or lost equipment.
- Complete administration for daily operation. Work Instructions will cover:
- Reporting procedure
- Daily maintenance checks
- Daily operation log
- Decommission and/ or assist in the decommissioning of the plant/ system to ensure safe transport on the public highway or movement on site.
- Additional tasks covered by correct Risk Assessments,
- Cover tasks for which the operator has approved licences or permits.
- Undergo formal training to improve the operator’s skill base. Financial implications covered by Contract of Employment.
- 6 monthly boot allowance
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Free on-site Parking
- Corporate gym membership discount
- Staff discount on skip hire
- Complimentary PPE
- Family-run business
- Progression opportunities
- Commitment from employers to continued learning and development
- Access to mental health support
June 30, 2022
Please complete the form below to apply for this role.