Apply for Plant Senior Technician
Smiths (Gloucester) Limited is a family run company owned and run by the Smith family since 1982. Smith’s has grown from a single owner-operated plant hire company to a multifaceted group with family values still firmly at the heart of each project undertaken. At Smiths we pride ourselves on our ethics of reliability and hard work which enables us to deliver a wide range of services that we can all be proud of. We are now looking for an experienced fitter to join our ever growing team! The successful candidate must have machinery fitting experience and live in Gloucestershire or surrounding areas. Job description We now require an experienced plant machinery fitter to join our team at our Moreton Valence depot. You will be responsible for carrying out the repair and maintenance of all types of heavy plant of a variety of sizes. The repair and maintenance of the machines will be required for use for our Construction and Demolition divisions on projects in the South-West. The role is partly mobile and partly workshop based with a well-equipped van provided. What we are looking for:
- An experienced mechanic/fitter to work on our extensive list of machines which include JCB's and CAT's ranging from 1 - 50 tonne excavators, dumpers, rollers and dozers.
- The role will require working in house in our newly built workshop and also working visiting site in a company van to fix machines out on site. The successful candidate must be willing to be flexible and no two days will be the same.
- Have previous experience of working with a range of heavy plant equipment, machines and hydraulic equipment
- Have previously worked in this industry
- Be confident in the diagnosis of electrical and hydraulic systems
- Be able to work alone and under own initiative
- Possess good communication skills and have the ability to communicate at all levels, including with colleagues and clients.
- Competitive hourly rate.
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme (2 times salary)
- Free on-site parking
- 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays
- Corporate gym membership discount
- 6 monthly boot allowance
- Complimentary PPE
- Support of a friendly team operating as part of a family run business
- Eye test allowance