Apply for Groundworks Engineer
Smiths Construction is now firmly established as one of the regions most experienced and trustworthy firms. With customers across the South West, Midlands and South Wales we have built a reputation for a professional approach to all aspects of our business. A major part of the success of Smiths Construction can be attributed to the innovative, proactive and hands on approach of our highly experienced team We are looking for a Groundworks Engineer to join our Construction division who will be based on sites in and around Gloucestershire. The successful candidate will have previous experience and knowledge of the Construction industry.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Surveying and setting out of the works
- Checking and preparing site reports, designs and drawings
- Implementing designs
- Effectively providing, checking and recording full dimensional control for the site
- Supporting project/management to ensure that project meets agreed specifications programme
- Liaising with clients, subcontractors and other professional staff
- Providing technical advice
- Quality assurance
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or HNC/HND Qualified in Civil Engineering
- Experience within a Heavy civil, earthworks, and structures environment, with primary focus on civil engineering / groundworks
- Five or more years of experience within civil engineering industry working for groundworks sub-contractor.