Jobs at Smiths
We have an extensive range of jobs at Smiths. A wide variety of opportunities waiting for the right candidate to fill. Vacancies at all of our depots across South Wales, Bristol and Gloucestershire.
Smith’s (Gloucester) Ltd. strive to ensure that we are an equal opportunities employer and are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Due to increasing workload, we now require a full time assistant to support the Purchasing Manager in site material purchasing and administrative duties. The successful candidate will be extremely organised, possess excellent IT and administration skills and be willing to develop their skills. Someone with a flexible attitude to work would be well-suited in this role.
- Placing orders via telephone or email.
- Recording orders using current software system.
- Preparing documents through Contract Period for O&M manuals.
- Preparing Material / Sub Contract tender enquiries.
- Issuing PPE/tools and consumables for contracts as required.
- Taking telephone enquiries.
- Maintaining records of tenders and orders
- Assist in completing regular stock checks
- Tender & Contract document filing.
- General administrative duties, as and when required.
The successful candidate will:
– Have experience of working in a purchasing assistant or similar role
– Possess some knowledge and/or experience of working in a construction business environment
– Be a confident negotiator with a good telephone manner.
- Life Assurance scheme (2 times salary)
- Corporate gym member discount
- Eye test allowance
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Free onsite parking
- Work place pension scheme
- Opportunities for progression
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
Closing Date: August 31, 2019Apply Now